Sunday, March 27, 2011

tsuruya jam

boy has it been good to escape tokyo these last few weekends.

we headed up to nagano for the long weekend and had three days of delicious food, long soaks in the local onsen (hot springs), no scary aftershocks, and i even learnt how to change the tires on my car (i know… i've never had to do it before; but i had to take off my winter-tires as i was probably the last person in tokyo driving with winter-tires).
good old murphy’s law; it snowed the day after I took them off…

with all the current stuff happening in tokyo at the moment i persuaded k-chan to stay up in nagano with kou-chan.
glad they are safe(r) up there.
you've probably heard, but we were advised that it's not safe for children under one to drink the tap water here in tokyo due to the high levels of radiation detected. anyway, i’m not gonnna rant about this, instead i'm gonna introduce some jam.

if you are ever in nagano you so have to buy some locally produced tsuruya jam*; it’s seriously good!
these little jars of goodness use less sugar than other varieties and the best part is that they come in a huge range of flavors.
this time i bought four jars; walnut butter, gooseberry, rhubarb, and citrus marmalade.
all are divine!





have just left my love ones up in nagano again and returned to tokyo alone.
so if you’re in tokyo; invite me out for a drink; i'm a semi-free man!

spring's around the corner; it's gotta be good.






* can be found at any tsuruya supermarket.





15 comments:

Mary said...

yes, it must be such a relief to get out of tokyo at the weekends. i'm glad that k-chan to stay in nagano. tokyo sounds like it's a bit crazy at the moment. i can't imagine how tough it must be with all the after shocks and uncertainty.
i think i would buy any jam that looks this pretty :)
take care.

shellie said...

yum there is nothing like a little comfort food....walnut butter and gooseberry....makes my taste buds tingle....if i was in tokyo id take you out for a drink but only if you brought your jam!!!! its always sucky when you are without your loves...im am truly sorry for such a crap situation....oh and yes hooray for spring....did you take those photos of the cherry? i am assuming thats what they are....

Lavender Playground said...

The jam looks delicious , you sound much better in this post that I'm relieved somewhat , life must go on right? Take care

Luuworld said...

hurray for this post! it's good to see you blogging about pleasures of every day life. like nagano jam! which by the way looks wonderful. and what curious flavors! i would love to taste walnut butter and rhubarb jam. sounds yummy!

oh and good on you for learning to change the tires! i don't know how. but then again i don't have a car. but a man who changes tires is a hunky man! hahaa.

take care! ps, having k- and kou-chan staying in nagano sounds like a very good idea. :)

Luuworld said...

ps, come to oslo. i'll take you out for a drink! :P

Sun said...

Wah, looks like a delicious jams :-D Spring is coming, hopefully everything is getting better there, take care a be safe.

:-)

world of sekimachihato said...

* Mary
if it makes any difference, tokyo's not as crazy as the French media is making it out to be.
we have seen some amazing headlines coming out of Europe such as mount fuji erupting or the burning nuclear power plants in Tokyo.

but enough about that, yes, nice looking jam should have a place in Antibes home!

world of sekimachihato said...

* Shellie
hehehe, I'm sure I could manage chucking a few jars of jam into my bag if it means catching up for a drink.

yup, I took these photos at our local park the other day. I think they are cherry blossoms but then again I could be wrong.

world of sekimachihato said...

* lavender playground
I guess I did sound a bit down and gloomy in my last few posts; couldn't be helped. but like you said, one must go on.

world of sekimachihato said...

* luuworld
so glad you appreciate my jam!
If I could pop over to Oslo I would give you a few of these jars.

and to set the record straight, you do realize that I changed those tires wearing only overalls which showed off my muscular body and tattooed arms. I probably had a smudge of grease on my chiseled face too being the hunky man I am.

world of sekimachihato said...

* sun
thanks sun. things are kinda starting to look up over here; or at least our moods are slowing returning to normal.

chibi said...

I totally agree: Tokyo is waaay too stressed out these days. Those jams look amazing, I really want to get my hands on the rhubarb jam!

world of sekimachihato said...

* chibi
sounds like you have your head screwed on when you escaped Tokyo for the ancient capital!

you could escape Tokyo again and head north to Nagano for some of this delish rhubarb jam.

Kenny Mah said...

Walnut butter sounds especially yummy! :)

world of sekimachihato said...

* life for beginners
it's pretty darn good but you do have to be in the mood for it. goes down well on crusty toast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails